Happy 18th birthday to Tavi Gevinson! She’s everyone’s fashion icon, she’s the feminist figure we need, and she’s a recent high school graduate. From her writing to her style, we’re constantly impressed with Tavi— to the point where we sometimes forget she’s just a normal teenage girl. To celebrate her official Adulting, here are eighteen photos that prove that our favorite badass is also someone we’d want to get ice cream with.
1. Is there anything more teenage than glitter nail polish? It looks awesome, by the way.
2. I love how sloppy her bedroom is. Can I borrow that flower crown?
3. Hair champion. Champion of hair.
4. This goofball is going to run the world someday. I can’t wait.
5. My eighteen-year-old self also took selfies with Nutella. (My current self does, too.)
6. And no one else can make orange juice look this good.
7. Same goes for pancakes. Tavi is the queen of accessorizing with snacks.
8. Here you can see two teen girls geeking out at a Fiona Apple concert. One of them runs a fashion empire.
9. Sometimes the pressure of being an extremely talented writer-cum-actress just makes you want to pretend you’re Where’s Waldo.
10. She captioned this photo to inform us that she was skipping school. As in high school. As in she’s in high school.
11. Just two independently wealthy moguls talking about boys, acne, and dominating the world. (Lorde‘s shoes are amazing, by the way.)
12. Speaking of which, Tavi knows how to wear the hell out of a pair of yellow socks. I wish I’d been cool enough to dress like this in high school.
13. Just a quick reminder that she’s not that much older than a Girl Scout.
14. Freaking adorable.
15. Just Tavi casually holding America in her hands.
16. Sometimes prodigies sleep in bunk beds.
17. Tavi’s last day of high school! I love that she’s rocking a cheerleading skirt.
18. And finally, the most gloriously teenage photo of all. “My dad is talking about the meaning of life,” she writes, “and I am taking selfies.” Keep up the amazing work, girl.
Photos via @tavitulle on Instagram