Fashionable hats have become popular in the past few years as a functional and glamorous accessory that can add so much style to a Fall ensemble. Fall hats are a little different from Winter hats because they don’t need to provide as much warmth, so they can be a little more fashion and a little less function. Here are my picks for the top women’s hat trends for this fall:
- decorated cloche – The cloche made a huge comeback last fall, so definitely expect to see this style out in full force. The plain black cloche has already been done, so this fall there will be lots of creative embellished options with lots of colors, materials, and decorations like feathers, flowers, and chains.
- tam – This Scottish-inspired beret style hat has a fun European feel. The solid black or creme will be most popular, but there are also some clever styles with fun details.
- bowler – This Charlie Chaplin hat pairs perfectly with Fall’s menswear-inspired styles. The black wool is a classic, but look for more modern feminine interpretations.
- slouchy beret – A thin beret in a soft loose crochet or knit is perfect for Fall. There are lots of different colors and unique stitch patterns for a casual look. The floppy fit allows you to style it in your own way, but my favorite is the asymmetrical droop to one side.
- wool floppy – If you loved the huge floppy straw hats that were popular this summer, then you can adapt that style to Fall with a wool floppy hat. The sun can still be bright and damaging in the winter, so use a wide-brimmed wool hat to protect your skin and look glamorous.