Here are some facts about the upcoming issue of Visionaire:
1) The issue is guest-edited by Givenchy’s Riccardo Tisci
2) The Catholic-raised Tisci selected the theme to be “religion”
3) It features a slew of fashion luminaries (that’s a portrait of Carine Roitfeld shot by Karl Lagerfeld)
4) It costs $495.
Here are my exactly two feelings about those facts:
1) Who is the market for this? (sincere guess: people who thought the once-controversially priced Tom Ford coffee table book was just too permanent?)
2) Fashion really doesn’t co-op religious imagery enough and it’s totally still provocative and interesting.
Let’s say money wasn’t an option: would you spend $500 on a magazine?
…Now let’s say it is: would you still consider it?
Visit Visionaire for more details.