It seems that Facebook is obsolete these days aside from announcing engagements, the subsequent wedding photos, cute baby pictures, and from the younger set, people studying abroad. I actually don’t mind scrolling through abroad albums because I obviously find every other country more interesting than my own, and it also brings back amazing memories of my own semester abroad. But after you’ve clicked through twenty albums with titles like “PEACE OUT AMERICA!” you start to see some patterns. If you studied abroad, did an exchange program, or otherwise spent time traipsing around Europe, you probably took these photos.
1. Majestic Shot Of The Colosseum
It’s just one of those things you have to do.
2. Standing In Front Of A Classic Work Of Art As If You Painted It
We’re all so proud.
3. Your Feet On Ancient Tile
5. Jumping On A Foreign Beach
Not to be confused with your average “jumping on a beach” profile picture that everyone has, because this one is in Sicily.
6. Obligatory Posing In Front Of The Eiffel Tower
7. Obligatory Eiffel Tower At Night Shot
8. Dramatic European City Rooftop Shot
Just to rub it in that you’re somewhere way more awesome than your friends back on your college campus. Real nice.
9. The All-Important Carnevale Mask Group Shot
Which is your favorite? We must know.
11. The OG Cinderella Castle
12. A Baller Sunset
Because even sunsets are better here!
13. Posing In Front Of This Exact Telephone Booth With Big Ben In The Background
14. Recreating Winning London
I guess some people might recreate the Abbey Road cover while in London, but personally, I chose a Mary Kate and Ashley classic instead. I had to see Lord James Browning’s favorite spot in the whole of London!
15. Food Market Shot
16. The “I’m On A Boat”
17. Leaning On The Lourve
18. Cheers-ing With Something Awesome In The Background
In this case, the Acropolis.
19. ALL THE FOOD
What classic study abroad shots did I miss?? Leave amusing comments!