Prince Albert of Monaco, one of the best-known swingin’ single monarchs, has finally decided to settle down at the young age of 52. His intended is Charlene Wittstock, a former Olympic swimmer from South Africa. Albert previously dated Claudia Schiffer, Angie Everhart, and Brooke Shields. Here are some fun facts about Prince Albert that have nothing to do with him being in a can or having a piercing in his penis:
- He went to Amherst College in Massachusetts and was in their glee club.
- He has two kids – one named Jazmin and one named Alexandre. Their moms are a real estate agent and former flight attendant, respectively. It seems that Monaco’s succession rules only apply to “legitimate” kids. There was also another paternity suit, but Maury Povich declared Albert not to be the father in that case.
- Prince Albert reportedly told the New York Times that Alexandre’s mother “tricked him” by stopping taking her birth control pills.
- If no sons come out of Albert’s marriage to Charlene, his nephew Andrea Casiraghi (son of Princess Caroline) will become the ruler of Monaco. In other news, Andrea Casiraghi is hot.
- His full official title is “His Serene Highness The Sovereign Prince of Monaco.” Heh. “Serene.” For some reason I find that hilarious.