When Taylor Chapman, 27, posted a video of herself screaming at a Florida Dunkin’ Donuts employee over a missing receipt on the Internet, she clearly thought the world would take her side. I mean, what other reasonable explanation could somebody have for an adult human being taking an 8-minute video on their phone, repeatedly saying, “I can’t wait ’til this hits”? It seems she believed that there would be an incredible backlash, an overwhelming wave of support against her struggle — that she, Taylor Chapman, would come out of the awful ordeal triumphantly, ceremoniously, heroically.
The only problem: she is the worst customer ever, and possibly the worst person. Behold:
Basically, Chapman says she was at this specific Dunkin’ Donuts the night before and the employee she dealt with allegedly turned into a “dumb bitch.” So, on Saturday, the morning after this supposed incident, Chapman showed back up at this Dunkin’ Donuts and began to film her exchange (i.e. verbal harassment) regarding the matter with a different employee, who has the patience of a saint and deserves a fucking gold medal for… everything. Ever.
“This is all being under video surveillance,” Chapman insists, undoubtedly spitting flecks of gross lividity all over the cash register.
The video itself is very, very frustrating to watch, so here are some highlights:
- On her loyal customer service: “I literally thought this was the best [Dunkin’ Donuts] in the city, and I gave you guys so many good, like, remarks online because I have a business degree and, like, I really did until that bitch just completely pissed me off.”
- She attempts to engage other customers. They absolutely do not give a shit. It would be sad if she were a person, but instead it’s satisfying.
- On the supposed deal struck: “She told me, ‘OK, you can get your order free next time.’ So you know what I told her? I want the whole fuckin’ menu, bitch. Twice.”
- She turns the camera on herself, pondering why life is so hard that she must make videos to get free fucking Coolattas.
- She really wants everyone else to be feel sorry for her, and really doesn’t seem to care for her boyfriend: “Even if they hock a loogie and shit in it I don’t even care. ‘Cause one time they pissed in my fries…literally I could smell the piss in it…That’s why I’m not eating this food, I’m giving it to my boyfriend.”
- When she spots the employee who supposedly wronged her: “Well, guess what? This shit’s about to go live, bitch. Right on Facebook. ‘Cause I already posted what your dumb ass did last night. So I hope you’re happy with your little sand (n-word) self. Cause I’m about to nuke your whole fucking planet from Mars. You think ya’ll are tough big fat Arabs bombin’ the Trade Center? I’ll show you tough.”
- To another customer, she says, “‘I just want my bacon crispy and my people nice, you know?”
According to The Smoking Gun, Chapman has appeared in several videos where she actually advertises for businesses (rather than attempting to verbally destroy their employees). Her acting is remarkable, as well as the soundtrack behind her Shakespearean poetry.
SHE CAN’T EVEN EAT CONVINCINGLY. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?
Thanks to Google, we’re pretty sure she won’t be doing a whole lot of marketing and PR in the near future. But then, she has a business degree, guys! And a shockingly annoying Instagram account.
When I worked in food service, I recall getting quite a few eye rolls, grunts, sighs and the occasional rudeness, but honestly, never anything remotely close to this. The amount of entitlement that goes into creating a video like this is astounding, and the fact that she is essentially proud to be not even eating the food is upsetting in a dozen different ways, not the least of which is that it’s incredibly disrespectful (not to mention wasteful). She clearly believes it’s the principle of the matter; she deserves free food, and she wants it no matter where it will end up, whether it’s her stomach or a trash can — though, let’s be honest, girl looks like a highway litterer.
The employee she is berating stays so calm the entire time, it’s incredible. While it’s possible that he refuses to argue back due to customer policy, there was definitely a point here at which most of us would have likely lost our shit.
Being in food service can suck. Being in fast food service can suck even more, as you don’t get tips and loads of people still shit on you because they believe working in fast food makes you somehow lower on the respect scale than themselves. So, please, if there’s anything we can all take from this video besides the obvious “don’t be a racist jerk,” it’s this: be respectful and be kind, or the Internet will proverbially, justifiably crucify you.
Now, that was awful. Here are a few things to restore your faith in humanity, at least a little bit:
- Acting as the third wheel can be totally awesome.
- Grumpy Cat + Alison Brie = happiness.
- Patrick Stewart is just plain wonderful, if not a little cheesy.
UPDATE: Taylor Chapman allegedly just wants you assholes to know she was, like, totally exposing the injustices in the world. And that she was telepathically communicating your thoughts on a situation you had no thoughts about until she started screaming your thoughts on camera before you even had them. It was all an elaborate ruse!
UPDATE 2: Though we received a few tips that said it was her new Facebook, that is most likely not her new one. However, in a much more awesome update, the Dunkin’ Donuts employee who put up with Chapman’s awful behavior so calmly is to be honored by the company. 18-year-old Abid Adar: congratulations on having an incredible amount of composure. We salute you.