Why pay for expensive bar cocktails when you can make drinks at home for less? If one of your New Year’s resolutions (like mine) is to have a fully stocked home bar, ShelterPop has some tips for putting one together. Yes, you need things like cups and whatever, but let’s skip to the important part: booze. Exactly what do you need to have on hand in order to keep everybody happy?
1. One bottle each of vodka, gin and scotch (if you’d like a mixing bar)
2. Signature cocktail ingredients (if you’d like one)
3. A few bottles of champagne or prosecco
4. Two beer options, one light and one medium
5. Club soda and tonic water
6. Soda mixers such as Coke and ginger ale
7. Fruit juices such as orange and pomegranate (Tip: decant them into pitchers or tall glass bottles)
8. Garnishes like lemons, limes, oranges and olives
Or you could just do what I do and get a keg. You know, either way.