Well, here’s something that will make you feel awesome if you’re single and don’t want to be. This video is by a lovely British lady named Emily Hartridge, and in it, she talks about all the reasons that it’s awesome to be married.
I’m gathering from the video that Hartridge herself is not married, and she notes that this rant was prompted by the divorce of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. Hartridge lists the following reasons as why you should get married:
- Keeps you from dying alone
- Brings you more sex
- You won’t need to work as much
- Married people are happier
- You always have a plus one
- Nothing cures a hangover like an orgasm
- Married women don’t have to worry about being called cat lady
- Listening to romantic songs doesn’t make you cry anymore
- You have someone to kiss every morning
- Someone to come home to every evening
And here’s the video:
No doubt this list is going to piss a lot of people off, and maybe you’re expecting me to be outraged, but I’ll be honest with you — right now, being freshly single, I watch this and it makes me kind of want to die.
Sure, it’s awesome to be strong and confident on your own as a single person. And yes, it can be super fun to go out and explore, and get to know yourself, and be free. And of course, you should not be married just for the sake of being married, or be married to someone you don’t want to be married to.
But let’s be real — being in a good relationship with someone you love is awesome. It just is. It feels good, it’s comforting, it provides stability, and you don’t have to go on dates with any douchebags.
Because going on dates with douchebags sucks.
What do you think? Do you hate this video and list or do you relate?