After years of tireless service to the women’s rights movement, it would seem that the term “pro choice” has outlasted its effectiveness. At least, according to its former BFF, Planned Parenthood, which is now seeking to distance itself from the term. “It’s a complicated topic and one in which labels don’t reflect the complexity,” said PP president Cecile Richards at a recent press conference. More
The feminist movement is far from perfect, but it’s the best thing we’ve come up with so far. Here’s why I think we shouldn’t abandon it. More
As you may already know, the FDA has instituted a plan to put one of nine large, graphic warning labels on every pack of cigarettes sold in the U.S. This is meant to prevent both kids and adults from starting to smoke, as well as encouraging current smokers to quit (and/or just really bum them out) by reminding them of their impending doom. The images they chose are pretty grim, but the rejected ones make them look downright wholesome by comparison. A lot of them seem to be directed specifically towards women; does the FDA think women will be more receptive to its message than men? Let’s take a look. More
How much would you pay for a Chanel sausage? Would it taste like biting into an angel’s small intestine, or would it be more like a regular sausage that just cost a lot? Swedish photographer Linus Morales brings up questions like these with his playful Fabulous Food series, in which he turns various foods into luxury brand logos. I’m pretty sure they’re not really meant to be subversive, but they are winking at me nonetheless. Let’s take a look. More
One of our current fashion obsessions is local label InAisce. The New York-based design house (pronounced: “in-äs-kə”) has only been around for a couple seasons now but has already managed to catch our attention in a big way. It’s structured, minimal, category-defying and gorgeous, in a palette of restrained pale grays, washed-out whites and blacks. Recalling all-time favorites like Comme des Garçons and Rick Owens, InAisce is perfect for cool urban girls stuck on the tundra and I can’t stop staring at their lookbook. So here it is. More
Reasons to date someone with this tattoo: More
Whether it’s Coach or Chanel, there’s no denying the power of a recognizable label. However, some logos are more stylish than others. Would you be more or less likely to buy a purse (or any other item) that was covered in logos? More
It would have been so much more efficient in Nazi Germany if the yellow stars had come already sewn onto the jackets at the point of purchase. More
- See The Strangest, Most INSANE Sex Toys Available On The Internet
- The 13 Inevitable Phases Of Online Shopping AKA Addiction
- The Guide To Dirty Talk Every Woman Must Read!
- Backpacks Filled With Live Fish Are A Thing. So, That's Happening...
11 Style Rules From Our Favorite Fictional Schools That We 100 Percent Still Follow
If someone tried to sell me crappy drugstore beauty products with labels of designer brands on them, I’d be pissed. But if the opposite happened? It’s like winning the beauty lottery! Recently, there was a “scandal” wherein a kind of … More
Recently I ran into Whole Foods to pick up a few items and remembered I was out of lotion. I religiously apply body lotion after I get out of the shower. I don’t wear a lot of makeup or spend … More
Did you know that a product can make an Organic claim with only 70% Organic ingredients? The other 30% of ingredients must come from an approved list of non-toxic ingredients. While there is a list of approved non-toxic ingredients, the … More