Meet the Louis Vuitton condom. Then, guess how many 12 packs of any other condoms you could buy for the cost of one with the LV logo. More
Topic: safe sex
A new study says that alcohol consumption ups your chances of having unsafe sex…It’s not rocket science, but it could help clear up some misconceptions about the “kind” of people who forego condoms and spread HIV and other STDs. In the past, researchers have questioned whether it’s alcohol, or the personalities of the people drinking the alcohol, that make for irresponsible mating. But researchers at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health say pretty much anyone who’s had more than four or five drinks is more likely to have unsafe sex.
In the study, researchers randomly assigned participants to a drinking or sober group, and asked them to rate their intention to have unprotected sex. The more alcohol they consumed, the greater their intention; at 0.1 mg/mL blood alcohol level, the likelihood of engaging in unsafe sex was up by 5%. More
This is a post from our sister site, Blisstree.
Do they make a difference? Yes, and you already knew it. But when I asked men what they really think about condoms–how they feel, whether they use them regularly, when they choose to use them, whose responsibility it should be to buy/have them–the resounding answer wasn’t just “they suck.”
Which is good news, considering that condoms are the only way to protect against many STIs.
Here’s how a few fellas–of various ages (from 25 to 40), geographical locale (from Seattle to New York to Minnesota), and industries–really feel about condoms: More
You know what’s great? Avoiding unplanned pregnancies. It’s probably the best thing about being a responsible adult, besides maybe eating cake for dinner sometimes. So, in the wake of a certain internet fiasco, we decided to talk to a bunch of smart, responsible, female adults who 1) care about their health and 2) care about the health of their partners… and therefore practice safe sex.
This is not to say that people don’t make mistakes–condoms break and no form of birth control is 100% effective–but it is to say that adults who make mistakes learn from them. Otherwise, they’re not adults. So, for today’s Real Talk we asked women to tell us about their preferred methods of protection. More
Do you like having safe sex, but wish there were a way to make it more elitist and and expensive? You’re in luck, because a brand called Naked has decided to sell condoms for $56 a pack, or roughly $5 each. More
It was odd assembling responses for this Real Talk about whether or not men want to have anal sex* with women. I didn’t really know what to expect but I did feel kind of uncomfortable asking a bunch of random guys (some friends, some not) whether or not they were into it. I’m not going to provide any more commentary other than this: I was surprised by how varied the responses were. So, here’s 10 guys offering up their opinions on “anal play” as it is sometimes called. More
Well, they’re not all horrifying. Some of them are.
Yeah, most of them. More
Not really? More
- Backpacks Filled With Live Fish Are A Thing. So, That's Happening...
- See The Strangest, Most INSANE Sex Toys Available On The Internet
- The 13 Inevitable Phases Of Online Shopping AKA Addiction
11 Style Rules From Our Favorite Fictional Schools That We 100 Percent Still Follow
- The Guide To Dirty Talk Every Woman Must Read!
This is what one looks like. You can now promptly forget that image because I’m pretty sure you will not be using them in the future, because no one is. No one gives a dam. But if you are, can you please come forward? And give us a little tongue waggle? By tongue waggle I mean “explain that time you used it and why.” More
Yesterday we wrote about whether or not anyone was using condoms. Answer: some of you are. At last check, the poll indicated that 68% of you either use them all the time or until you or your partner has been tested. And then there’s the other 32% of you who are insane wild risk takers who would probably like to go shark diving drunk. Here are some of your comments the offer insight into why so many of you are opting to skip the wrap (though I am a little surprised that no one cites religious reasons. I am expressing that surprise via a Pope condom picture): More
We all know that we’re supposed to “use a fucking condom, use a condom fucking”*. But are we? More
If you guessed “French sailing shirt,” you’d actually be wrong! More
We know you wanted to, you dreadful narcoleptic, but men in the 1940′s were too smart for you. – BoingBoing